Saturday 12 May 2012

4. How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

During my project, i used many pieces of new media technologies over many different pieces. Firstly, i created my radio advert for my newspaper. I did this by using a computer wired up to a number of microphones which went through an external mixer, then i would record the sound using audacity.




Once i had recorded the piece, i would save the recording as a .WAV file. Once all of my clips had been recorded, i imported all of the sound files into adobe premier pro. From here i could do a number of things. Firstly, i went through all of the clips to see which were the best. If i though there was 2 separate bits, i could cut and paste them into a different file to make it sound even better.

After this stage it was a matter of just adding final adjustments to it. I did this by adding a song in to make one of the sections more lively and upbeat. I did this by importing the MP3 into Premier Pro. After this i could perfect the timings of all my pieces and then do a final edit and finally export the finished piece.

After this, i started on my main piece. For this i decided to use Microsoft Publisher. The choice was simple as it is the simplest program to pick up on. Compared to a package like Adobe Photoshop, it is extremely easy to use.

 Firstly, i designed my layout of the newspaper. Using publisher, this is very easy as you can tell the package how wide you want each columns, How many columns you would needs, and make a text size and font the default. I could arrange all my text boxes however i wanted to as the program let me drag them anywhere i wanted to.

I can import pictures that i took off the Nikon D60 camera. This was another use of new media technologies as things like when the picture has been taken, the on board screen briedly shows you the photo that you have just taken. You can then choose weather to keep the picture or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment